Friday, October 20, 2006

iTunes and NPR

This post has little to do with Moldova, except while living here I've recently stumbled upon something to bring me a little slice of America.  It is the ability to download (for free) National Public Radio through Apple's iTunes.  Everyday, NPR creates its "shuffle," a selection of stories from that day's broadcasts which are then assembled into a 20-30 minute collection.  When I'm in the office, I download several day's at once, load them onto my ipod, and then my 3-hour bus rides between my village and the capital aren't quite as long as they used to be.  In fact, it's almost like I'm back in the States (thank you, Hal) listening to the radio in my car on my way to work.

So once again, my hat is off to Apple and NPR for making the life of at least one Peace Corps Volunteer a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

update your blog....please

zi said...

i hope you contributed some money into the pledge drive this month you damn freeloader! Chach and i can't sustain your podcast habit with our $35 pledge alone!