Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gobble, Gobble





Thanksgiving was a blast - all PCVs came into the capital for an AMAZING dinner prepared by PCVs for about 175 people. It far exceeded my expectations. We played football and held a talent show before and after dinner. Thanks to all who did the cooking and hope everyone back in the States had half as tasty a meal as I did.

Also, special thanks to Mark and Chrissy who recently finished their service and are right about now eating Chinese food in America. They treated Krista and I to an awesome meal in Chisinua. This picture is us being cold after the meal on the walk home to the hotel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad!!! I had lost the address you gave to your blog before you left, but googled it, and here you are. I'll have to set aside some time to read it all. For now, I'm glad you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving as we did in Ukraine (though 175 people way beats us, that's impressive). Hope things are going well and you're managing to stay warm. And look at you, hard core - no running water! I'm doing well, working at PC headquarters and liking it a lot. I saw you're signed up for Reunions - are you going to come back for the festivities? Hope so, I'd love to see you. Take care, my dear! Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Brad:
I'm glad to hear you had some good grub for Turkey Day. Of course, nothing can compare to a good ole fashioned Nightpie Thanksgiving. There was a last minute change in venue but we are a resilient people. I thought of you as I gorged myself and almost got sick after staying at the table a bit too long. Anyway, I'm enjoying your blog and look forward to catching up. Take care cuz...
Love,
Eric Nightpie