Monday, November 07, 2005

BDO


I must admit that my 2nd time through training is starting to wear on me. I’m ready to have a schedule of my own design, to start my real work, and to not have to sit through sessions that I already sat through back in Uzbekistan.

In part due to this desire for independence, 5 of us trainees opted out of a PC-organized day trip to southern Moldova (where I’ll be living for 2 years anyway). Instead, we decided to have a relaxing BDO (Boyz Day Out) in the capital. After meeting at noon, we wandered about town and chose a cheap kebab stand for lunch, sat in a park, drank real coffee in a café, hit another kebab stand for dinner, and capped off the evening with a screening of “Crash” at a small English movie theater. All in all, not a bad way to spend a day…

Pictured are the boyz in the movie theater, which is approximately the size of my living room and seats about 25 people in very comfortable slightly reclining seats, complete with a small table between every two seats for whatever drink you purchased at the downstairs bar and wish to enjoy during the film.

2 comments:

Krista Dawn said...

YOU SHAVED YOUR BEARD!!!! Looking good :)

Anonymous said...

We too noticed your cleanshaven face.Is the hair shorter also?We like it.