Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Billion and 1 Things



The countdown to Peace Corps Moldova has begun and I've got some shizzile to do.

1. Mom is anxious to have me use my newfound wicked awesome decking skills to replace a broken stair on our deck.
2. Buy a hammock, socks, a sun shower, and a winter hat.
3. Finish making 9 more DVDs of my nephew - including a few pictures from our recent Scottish festival (see below)
4. Mentally prepare for attending the Sept. 11 Red Sox / Yankees game.
5. Uh, pack.
6. Start a blog for my Mom and her artwork - keep your eyes peeled on the "links" for (you guessed it) a link to her website.
7. Get new lenses for my glasses.
8. Find a good used book store and go crazy. Sadly, all the books that were sent via an M-bag to Uzbekistan arrived the week after I was evacuated. They were sent back to the States, but haven't made it yet and I'm pretty sure never will. [Suggestions for good reads are most welcome]
9. Figure out my new camera.
10. Cancel my car insurance and AAA membership - no driving for this guy in Moldova!
11. Lots of other little things - buy some canned pumpkin to bring to Moldova for a big PC Thanksgiving meal, send in rebates for various new purchases, attend a going away party, etc.

Sorry for the slightly mundane nature of the post, but I felt I had to do something due to recent beratings by friends who shall remain nameless (Graham and Krista) about the infrequency of my postings.

No comments: