Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kiev II

I left immediately after the avian flu conference to head to Kiev for a business school interview. I took an overnight (double-decker) bus there, which was actually a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be. Sunday I wandered around the city - ate a monstrous hamburger with an oreo shake at TGIFridays - and took it easy. Monday's interview went well - I guess we'll find out how well if I get an acceptance letter - and then I hopped on an overnight bus back to Chisinau.

After my interview I wanted to check out the Chernobyl Museum, as it was only a couple blocks away. Unfortunately the last Monday of each month is the museum's "Sanitary Day," so I couldn't go inside and disturb the cleaning process.

Last time I was in Kiev, it was with fellow PCV Bryan to take the GMATs. We had a good time and I missed my partner in crime this time around. Honestly, it was a bit lonely. So Bryan, perhaps you should reconsider your Christmas travel plans and save up your vacation days to accompany me on 24 hours of bus rides and border checks.

When I got home, I slept for 12 hours - must have been more tired than I thought. I don't remember the last time I did that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buna ziua, noroc!

Nice blog. Thanks for helping Moldova.

Le magazine de la Moldavie Moldavie

Anonymous said...

Brad!!! Just wanted to see how you are. And glad to hear you've made it to wonderful Kiev. I'll actually be there in January, on my way to my village for my first trip back. Can't wait.

Update me on business school when you have a chance. Where are you applying? Where do you want to go? I'm in the process of applying to law school, and I can't wait til I'm done.

Kisses,
Jean