Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Hate Flies

I hate them.  I hate flies with every ounce of my being.  I especially hate Moldovan flies which are very different from American flies.  Sure, they look the same, talk the same, and may even go to the same church, but there is a difference.  Moldovan flies have a mean streak.  It's not so mean that they would come right out and bite you; it's far more devious and, as it drives you slowly insane, ultimately far more sinister.  Their mean-ness is of the annoying kind, like the adolensent little brother who in the back seat of the car on a long trip insists you have no right to be angry because his finger which is directly in front of your eye is not techically touching you.  American flies will, for the most part, leave you alone - particularly once you've swatted at them a few times or said something like, "Shoo fly, don't bother me."  Moldovan flies, however, are social creatures and love to hang out with me and have decided to make my bedroom party central.  They land on me when I'm typing or reading or sleeping or eating and just stroll around on my body.  Unlike the polite American flies, they've no qualms about landing on my face or repeatedly buzzing about and landing on me after I've numerously, vociferously, and in multiple languages (ly) told them to take a hike.

I've taken to keeping the door and window closed as much as possible to keep new flies from joining the club; go on rageful killing sprees every other day with "Mike," an old Newsweek; and recently purchased some fly paper, which despite some moderate success has failed to achieve the kind of annihilation of the species for which I was hoping.  Thus, the war continues...

I may not be looking forward to winter with its indoor ice-box-like temperatures and lack of fruits and veges, but at least there won't be any more of these damned flies!  I HATE THEM!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate flys big time.I always have fly spray.wife and kids think its funny because I cuss and spray the nasty things all the time.they call it the FLY WARS.but these damn things have no purpose and eat shit and puke on things.any ideas on getting rid of them forever.they are bad right now I went thru 3 cans of fly spray this week already.rats and flys are nasty.any ideas email me at tjroberts@alltel.net

Anonymous said...

I just killed a fly out of the air with one big power swat with the "fly killer" aka my fly swatter. Its one of the more satisfying moments in life.

Skull n' cross bones said...

DO NOT come to Australia....if u hate flies, there are a great number of persistent varieties in all shapes and sizes and bearing live maggots ready- to -go. (totally gross and obviously designed for rapidly digesting carrion..are u ill yet?) I can't wait to leave and leave the flies behind!! We get nightmarish swarms of them at our back door when ever the hot desert wind blows them in, so thick they feel furry on your arms and face even at night or by torch light...you just have to wash yourself vigourously to get the feeling of them off your skin... they seek the shade and lurk under every tree and bush on a hot day. Desperate measures included fly paper, a rather revolting ornamental effect.. we avoided using any insectides EVER until last year ,in sheer desperation. Spiders have proven to be my best friend, we all take delight in seeing another fly taken down. I happily cultivate the spider collective about the verandah and let them cull the masses...mother nature at her finest.

[Keep your mouth closed]

Anonymous said...

I hate flies so much. As of right now I have three dead ones which I must have sprayed with about 40oz of 'raid fly & wasp killer', waiting to be hoovered up mwahaha. I had two yesterday. This damn hot whether seems to welcome them!
I hate them, they are loud, they make me jump out of my skin and they're filthy! AND THEY ALWAYS DIE IN PILES OF CLEANING WASHING OR MY MAKEUP BRUSHES, EW.