Sunday, May 14, 2006

Surfin' Sarfari






Talk about surreal experience: unpacking in my new place - the second landlocked country in which I've served - while listening to a Beach Boys mix.  Just another day in the life...

Hope you enjoy the pictures.  We have a real toilet and washing machine - the former doesn't work right now, but the pit out back has a nice view of the garden.  I love it.  Doing dishes with running water is almost bliss.  I finished unpacking around noon, had lunch, and took a little nap.  Then I strolled, and strolled, and strolled "into town" from where I live on the outskirts to buy food, hangers, and a surge protector (without any of the protection qualities...)  My new mom is leaving sometime this week to work in Germany for several months, leaving me and my 17-year old host brother.  Thus far, we get along very well - I gave him some ice cream tonight, which I think sealed the deal.  He invited me to go to the local "disco," but I was just too tired to walk another hour roundtrip in order to awkwardly dance with a bunch of high school kids.  But it was nice to get the invitation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new pad. I see lots of floor space, and look at that kitchen! Are you in the PC or foreign service? Coffee maker...

Krista Dawn said...

Looks GREAT! Way better than my place...a real shower cutrain!?!? p.s. Adam- doesn't your house have heated tile floors and a jacuzzi tub? hmm who is is the foreign service now?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it looks simply luxurious! Enjoy the change and the new experiences you'll have with all that walking.