Monday, May 22, 2006

Let's Twist Again



In my English Club, we've lately been listening to lots of popular American songs and trying to figure out what's being said.  I write out some of the words to help people along; it looks something like this:

Hey where did we ____
Days when the rains _____
Down in the hollow
Playin a new _______
Laughing and a ________, heye
Skippin and a jumping
In the misty morning fog
With, ah, our ______ a thumpin and you
My brown-eyed _____.  You my brown-eyed ____


It's a good time, but last week really took the cake when I busted out Sam Cooke's Twistin' the Night Away.  Towards the end of class, though no one wanted to, I managed to get everyone to twist.  We all laughed and had a great time.

PS - Interesting Russian word: брак (pronounced "brack") is the word for both marriage and a defective product.

No comments: