Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Most Wonderful Thing

As anyone worth their salt will tell you, duct tape is probably the
greatest invention ever - or at least in the top 5 (along with the
wheel, cell phones, the light bulb, printing press, and ice cream).
Here's some of the things that I've repaired in Moldova with this
magical gray wonderfulness:

1. My frisbee
2. Boot laces
3. My window - twice
4. The zipper to my jacket - twice
5. Fellow PCVs' back hair - not really, but I bet it would work
6. Electric plug adapter
7. Secured a funnel to the wall to catch water leaking from a
radiator and direct it into a bucket

And the year is still young!

I've yet to see duct tape sold anywhere in Moldova, but I think they
would make a killing over here. So Duct Tape Company, if you're
reading, I'm ready to be your official spokesperson (for a reasonable
6-figure salary).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I dont think you'd make much in Moldova by selling duct tape. Stores in Chisinau have lots of it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Dakake,

I prepresent Adhesives Internaitional, a multinational adhesives conglomerate based in Fremont, Nebraska. We have been trying for years to break into the Moldovan market. On a bet, a few of us taped ourselves to our chairs and are now finding we can't get out of them...some of our associated have inhaled too much adhesive fumes, but when they come down, I am sure they will see our situation and free us from this predicament. Once that happens, I'll be eager to explore distributorship comtract opportunities with you.