Thursday, January 18, 2007

Come Visit!

As of January 1, 2007, citizens of the United States, European Union,
Canada, Switzerland, and Japan can enter Moldova without a visa. I
hope this will bring an influx of visitors and investment to Moldova,
and any friends or family who wish to step into the village life for
a little vacation. This is a good step for Moldova in terms of
inching closer to EU membership and increasing its integration in the
global economy. Let's hope that other former-Soviet republics
(especially Russia) will follow suit.

My apologies for somewhere on this blog erroneously reporting that
this new law would take effect later in 2007. Somehow, I don't think
I screwed up anyone's travel plans...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend did not get into Stanford. Hopefully you had better luck. Though I hear Wharton is a better program. Congratulations.

Meggan