Thursday, December 21, 2006

By the Numbers

I have spotty dial-up service from my house, and occasionally keep up with events in America by reading a few articles from nytimes.com. Recently, I read one concerning the US Census’ release of its all kinds of findings – like the number of people injured each year by beds – yes, beds. I thought I’d disclose some numbers of my own:

5 – Countries visited this year (Moldova, Russia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Morocco)
3 – Beards grown and shaved off
10 – Computer classes taught
20 – Cost (in cents) for a great loaf of bread in my village
6 – Cost (in dollars) of a great tortellini dish at the most expensive hotel in Chisinau
4,000,000 – Population of Moldova
500,000-1,000,000 – (estimated) Moldovans working abroad
12 – Individuals (couples counting as 1) who have sent packages to me from America
2 – Cell phones stolen (from me) or broken (by me)
12 – Pounds lost
3.5 – Hours it takes for my PC-issued distiller to distill about 3 liters of potable water
1 – Bottles of shampoo purchased since I arrived in Moldova in Sept, 2005
172 – Postings on this blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I miss having as much time as I did in Peace Corps to blog!

And its so cute that you think of G and I as "one".

Happy New Year!