Monday, June 27, 2005

Panera Bread & My Story

I love Panera Bread cafes. The food is good, quick, fairly healthy, and not too expensive. And, they have recently installed 100% free wireless internet at nearly all of their locations. So, I'm able to munch on a snack while accomplishing many important and necessary online tasks - such as this, my first posting on my new web log - or blog for the tech savvy.

I've decided to create this blog because in January of 2005 I joined the Peace Corps in Uzbekistan. Long story short, after just over 5 months there, the Peace Corps program in that nation was shut down and all Peace Corps staff and volunteers were evacuated due to... well, I'll just say increased tensions in the region.

Many of the PCVs went directly to other other nations to continue their service, some decided they were done with Peace Corps, and others (like me) took the middle road - coming back to the States for a short time before beginning in another Peace Corps country. I will be going to Moldova, a Maryland-sized nation between Romania and Ukraine in mid-September, 2005.

In the mean time, I'm hoping to have some adventures in the US, get in shape, work at REI, see friends and family, a gear up for another PC experience.

Check back from time to time for more updates as the summer progresses, and especially after I leave for Moldova.

No comments: